Wildlife & Countryside
Other government agencies:
Environment Agency of England and Wales
The Environment Agency is a non-departmental public body established by the Environment Act 1995. We are sponsored by the Department of the Environment with policy links to the Welsh Office and the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food.
Environment Agency Wales
Home page for this government agency.
Links to Other Sites
- Access Environmental Management and Health Journal
- The Atmospheric Research & Information Centre
ARIC is a multidisciplinary centre of excellence for the study and resolution of atmospheric pollution issues.
- Bath Environment Centre
- BBC's Natural History Unit
- BIDS ECOFLORA Service
- British Ecological Society
- British Air Pollution Law
- British Marine Life Study Society
This site provides information about marine life in the ocean around the UK.
- British Trust for Conservation Volunteers
BTCV is the largest organisation in the United Kingdom promoting practical conservation work by volunteers.
- Cameron May (European Environmental Law Publisher)
- Centre for Environmental Management and Planning
- Chemical Release Inventory, compiled by United Kingdom's Environment
- Countryside Commission (national parks)
The Countryside Council for Wales is the Government's regulatory adviser on sustaining natural beauty, wildlife and the opportunity for outdoor enjoyment in Wales and its inshore waters.
- Department of the Environment
- Earthrights England and Wales
- ENDS Environment Daily is a monthly environmental journal (for a subscription fee only) for professionals in the business, regulatory, and academic communities. The on-line publication provides news, a directory of environmental consultants and jobs, among other items on their menu. It's good, but not cheap.
- English Nature
English Nature is the statutory service responsible for looking after England's variety of wild plants and animals - the country's biodiversity - and its natural features.
- Environment Business Job Links
- Environmental Management and Health Web Conference
- Envir. Prot. Act, Local Air Pollution
- Friends of the Earth
- Environmental Information Services on the Internet
- GIS Environmental Sciences
- H.M. Inspectorate of Pollution
- H.M. Industrial Pollution Inspectorate (Scotland)
- Jack Birch Unit for Environment Carcinogenesis
- Journal of Metamorphic Geology
- International Organisation of Palaeobotany's Plant Fossil Record
- Institute of Hydrology
- Institute of Terrestrial Ecology
- Journal of Ecology
- MEDALUS II, effects of desertification on land use
- National Bag It & Bin It Campaign
The Campaign is a joint initiative between the water industry, environmental groups and other organisations, that aim to to prevent sewage related debris from polluting British rivers and coastlines.
- Paul Mobb's Environmental Activism Web site
- Natural History Museum
- Natural Environment Research Council
NERC is one of the seven UK Research Councils which fund and manage research in the UK.
- NATO SACLANTCEN Undersea Research Centre
- Pesticides Safety Directorate
- Plants for a Future
- Prof. Clark's Envir. Law Resources
- Reclaim the Streets
- Reforesting Scotland
Reforesting Scotland aims to raise awareness and promote understanding of the deforestation of Scotland and its implications in ecological, social and economic terms.
- Response to Environmental Emergencies
- Royal Forestry Society of England, Wales and Northern Ireland
A broad-based organisation with open membership bringing together all those interested in trees - woodland owners, foresters, arboriculturalists, planners, scientists, woodsmen, landscape architects, land managers, conservationists and the general public.
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency
Information and data on Scotland's environment, pollution prevention, regulation and other environmental initiatives.
Links to articles and sites dealing with all types of nuclear waste issues for the Sellafield plant.
- Sherwood Initiative
- Smith System Engineering
- Terra Nova - European Union of Geosciences
- Transportation and the Environment
- U.K. Life Sciences Home Page
- World Conservation Monitoring Centre
- Water UK is an association of water companies in the United Kingdom, and provides insights on how the water industry views current issues, including regulatory policies in the UK and European Commission.