If you have questions or feedback, please let me know! There
are affiliate links on this page. Read our disclosure policy to learn more.
Rhode Island Local Department of Health and Agriculture Contact Information
Rhode Island State Department of Health Contact Information
Most questions regarding food production, handling, sales and
serving, including cottage food laws and regulations are handled by the
state's local health department or department of agriculture, and
sometimes by a city or county business registration office.
Rhode Island Health Department
Rhode Island Department of Health
3 Capitol Hill
Providence, RI 02908
Email us https://health.ri.gov/contact/
After Hours Phone: 401-276-8046
Rhode Island local department of health contacts
The following counties have websites, and some have Facebook pages, that provide information regarding their department and its services:
RHODE ISLAND DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
Listed below are the address and telephone numbers of the offices of the Department of Human Services in Rhode Island which administer the
Rhode Island Works Program (RIW), Medical Assistance (MA), Long Care Services and Supports (LTSS), General Public Assistance (GPA), Supplemental
Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP), and Rehabilitation Services (ORS).
OFFICE ADDRESS TELEPHONE
- Cranston LTSS (see Providence listing for new location) Providence Regional Family Center 206 Elmwood Avenue, Providence, RI 02907 Office
415-8455 462-5182 Referrals 462-6675
- DHS Call Center (Toll Free)1-855-MY-RIDHS (1-855-697-4347) East Providence LTSS Providence Regional Family Center, 206 Elmwood Avenue,
Providence, RI 02907 415-8455
- Katie Beckett Unit (statewide) 3 West Road, Cranston, RI 02920 462-0633
- Newport DHS Newport Regional Family Center, 31 John Clarke Road, Middletown, RI 02842 (Toll Free)1-855-MY-RIDHS (1-855-697-4347) CCAP
- Office of Rehabilitation Services Disability Determination Services Services for the Blind & Visually Impaired Vocational Rehabilitation
Services Office of Rehabilitation Services 40 Fountain Street, Providence, RI 02903 Disability 222-3182 Visually Impaired 222-2300 Voc. Rehab.
421-7005 (Spanish Line) 272-8090
- Pawtucket DHS Pawtucket DHS 249 Roosevelt Avenue, Pawtucket, RI 02860 (Toll Free)1-855-MY-RIDHS (1-855-697-4347) CCAP 721-6644
- Providence Nursing Home LTSS Providence Regional Family Center 206 Elmwood Avenue, Providence, RI 02907 415-8455
- Providence LTSS – Home & Community Based Services Providence Regional Family Center 206 Elmwood Avenue, Providence, RI 02907 415-8455
- Providence DHS Providence Regional Family Center, 206 Elmwood Avenue, Providence, RI 02907 (Toll Free)1-855-MY-RIDHS (1-855-697-4347)
- Rite Care Information Line (Toll Free) 1-855-MY-RIDHS (1-855-697-4347)
- South County DHS South County Regional Family Center Oliver Stedman Center 4808 Tower Hill Road, Suite G1, Wakefield RI 02879 (Toll
Free)1-855-MY-RIDHS (1-855-697-4347) 782-4303
- Veterans Home Veterans Home 480 Metacom Ave., Bristol, RI 02809 253-8000 (ext. 695)
- Warwick DHS Warwick DHS 195 Buttonwoods Avenue, Warwick, RI 02886 (Toll Free)1-855-MY-RIDHS (1-855-697-4347) CCAP 736-1423 W
- Woonsocket DHS Woonsocket DHS 800 Clinton Street, 2nd Floor Suite 210 Woonsocket, RI 02895 (Toll Free) 1-855-MY-RIDHS (1-855-697-4347)
- Woonsocket LTSS Providence Regional Family Center 206 Elmwood Avenue Providence, RI 02907 415-8455 A
Rhode Island COVID-19 Coronavirus Information
Testing in Rhode Island
Test Results Information
For K-12 Students & Staff
Rhode Island Environmental Health
Rhode Island Environmental Protection Bureau
Terrence Gray, PE; Assoc Director
235 Promenade St.
Providence, RI 02908
U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) website
FDA Labeling and Nutrition
Nutrition Facts Label, Label Claims, Menu and Vending Machine Labeling, Gluten-Free Labeling
FDA Ingredients and Packaging
Food & Color Additives, GRAS, Food Allergens, Food Contact Substances, New Plant Varieties
U.S. Department of Agriculture
U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
has a tool, the AskUSDA site providing information from across USDA all in one place. Just type key words or phrases into the search box.
Your search will provide the top 10 results from across USDA. For the best search results, keep in mind that including "and" in the search box will
exclude articles that don't include all searched words. Including "or" in the search box will include articles with any of the searched words.
If you have specific USDA questions that you cannot find answers to on the site, call (202) 720-2791 or email USDA at [email protected].
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
If you are looking for the national US Department of Health, that's the
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services and
here is the mailing address and phone number:
The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
Hubert H. Humphrey
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20201
Free Call Center: 1-877-696-6775
Note: Please be aware that mail sent to
their Washington D.C. area offices takes an additional 3-4 days to process
due to security precautions.