|Preventing Deaths, Injury and Illnesses to Young Workers, NIOSH Alert. NIOSH Publication No. 2003-128. This Alert summarizes available information about work-related injuries among young workers, identifies work that is especially hazardous, and offers recommendations for prevention, (2003, July).|
YouthRules! U.S. Dept of Labor's website to increase public awareness of federal and state rules concerning young workers. YouthRules! Compliance Assistance includes:
- Fact Sheets
- Poster, Stickers, and Bookmarks.
- Young Worker Safety and Health. NIOSH Young Worker Safety and Health Topic Page.
- Child Labor Publications. eLaws Fair Labor Standards Act Advisor.
- YoungWorkers.org. California's resource network for youth worker's health and safety.
||Labor Occupational Health Program-Youth Workers. University of California at Berkeley.
- Help for Teen Workers, Information for Minors, Parents, Employers and Educators. Washington State Department of Labor and Industries.
- Interstate Labor Standards Association (ILSA). Includes information on state agencies that administer and enforce child labor laws.
- International Child Labor. DOL child labor issues.
- Promoting Safe Work for Young Workers. CDC NIOSH, 1999, November Pub. 99-141. A resource guide documenting the experiences of three young worker projects.
- NIOSH Special Hazard Review - Child Labor Research Needs. Recommendations from the NIOSH Child Labor working team, (August 1997).
- SkillsUSA. A national organization of secondary and post secondary students involved in vocational education.
- Career Clusters Website. Career clusters provide an organizing tool for schools, small learning communities, academies, and magnet schools.
- National Children's Center for Rural and Agricultural Health and Safety. A national organization that strives to enhance the health and safety of all children exposed to the hazards associated with agricultural work and rural environments.
- Youth Fatalities. NIOSH FACE investigation reports of Young Worker Fatalities under the age of 18.
- The Young and the Reckless? Occupational Health & Safety Magazine article on youth injuries and deaths in the workplace.
- UCLA-LOSH - Labor Occupational Safety and Health Program - Youth Project. UCLA-LOSH partners with high school educators, career advisors, life-skills coordinators, and community-based organizations to address teen worker issues.
- Young Worker Health & Safety Centre - WorkSafe British Columbia. Online resources for workers, employers, unions, educators, parents, and youth.
- Job Corps Website. Job Corps is the nation's largest and most comprehensive residential, education and job training program for at-risk youth, ages 16 through 24.
- Protecting Young Workers. OSHA and the Department of Labor are reaching out to one of the most vulnerable classes of workers. Job Safety and Health Quarterly, (2003, Winter), Volume 13 no 2.
Articles and Guides for Teen Workers
|Are you a Working Teen? NIOSH Pub. No. 96-132.|
- Why is Job Safety and Health Training Important for Teens? PowerPoint presentation, 37 slides. Young Worker Safety Resource Center. Labor Occupational Health Program, University of California Berkeley.
- Young Worker Safety and Health NIOSH Site. NIOSH programs, reports, and research on young workers.
- Young Worker Awareness Program. Workplace Safety and Insurance Board, Ontario Canada.
- You Need More Than a Job To Be Ready for Work. Saskatchewan Labour.
- OSH's Website for Youth. Occupational Safety and Health Service of the Department of Labour, New Zealand youth website.
- Workplace Health and Safety's Interactive Cafe. Queensland Government - Department of Industrial Relations.
- Health and Safety for Kids on the Farm. NIOSH, 1997.
- Find It! by Audience - Students. Information and services from the DOL for students.
- US DOL Employment and Training Administration. Directing business, adults, and youth to training and employment services.
- Do you have a worker complaint you would like to file with OSHA?
- Young Worker - Resources. Young Worker Health & Safety Centre, WorkSafe British Columbia.
- (CCAR)-GreenLink Virtual Shop. National Automotive Environmental Compliance Assistance Center. Provides a graphical tutorial to help promote a safe and healthful working environment for the automotive repair industry.
- New York Committee for Occupational Safety and Health (NYCOSH), Youth on the Job Factsheets: