Transportation of Hazardous Materials
- Publications and Guidance
Some of these are available for free (those which are downloadable) and others are available for sale (not available for download yet).
Federal hazardous materials transportation law This Federal hazardous materials transportation law (Federal hazmat law), 49 U.S.C. 5101 et seq., formerly the Hazardous Materials Transportation Act (HMTA) is the basic statute regulating hazardous materials transportation.
- Agricultural Transportation, What Hazardous Materials Regulations apply (302K) -- This brochure addresses questions that agricultural operations may have concerning the transportation regulations for agriculture products that are hazardous materials. Based on New Regulations (HM-200) effective October 1, 1998. Free
- Approvals - What are They and Why Don't They All Have The Same Format and Period of Validity?
- Bridge Formula Weights - Interstate System Highway Weight Limits
COHMED Reporter A free quarterly COHMED newsletter for the hazardous materials community of shippers, carriers, enforcement agencies, and emergency responders. Topics include future conferences, multimodal seminars, regional news, work group reports, and other hazmat items of interest.
- *Commercial Suppliers of the NAERG96 and DOT Chart 11 (340K) Hazardous Materials Marking, Labeling and Placarding Guide A list of known commercial suppliers of various hazmat publications.
- Contacting the Hazardous Materials Information Center
- Exemptions - Is There A Knowledgeable Person In Charge?
- Hazardous Materials - Incident Prevention Manual
- HMS-Organization Chart (198K) Lists office structure, personnel, and contact numbers. Free
- Intrastate Commerce brochure - (HM-200) (244K) -- This brochure addresses NEW regulations (effective October 1, 1998) concerning the transportation of hazardous materials in INTRASTATE commerce.
- Materials of Trade, What Hazardous Materials Regulations Apply? (384K) -- This brochure defines Materials of Trade (MOTs), and details the new regulations concerning MOTs.
- Medical Advisory Criteria for Evaluation Under 49 CFR Part 391.41
- Motor Carrier Employee Whistle Blower Protection
- OHM Publications and Reports
- Penalty Actions Report; Hazardous Materials Transportation Hazardous materials transportation violations and penalties collected by the FAA, FRA, FHWA, RSPA, and the USCG.
- Radioactive Materials Regulation Review (1.3 MB)
- *Registration Program: Hazardous Materials (RSPA) Do you need to register with RSPA?? This brochure provides registration criteria, and instructions, for those who offer or transport hazardous materials.
- Shipper Outreach for Safety - Some Interesting Facts
- Training: Is Training Critical To Your Business?
This page was updated on 30-Mar-2016